By Teresa Pitman
By the time my first baby was a month old, I was exhausted, worried about doing something wrong, and completely confused by all the conflicting advice I was getting.
I'd nurse him, and he'd fall asleep at the breast. Then I'd try to shift him to the crib, and he'd wake up immediately - often before his little body even touched the mattress.
Put him in the crib while he's still awake but sleepy, someone advised me. But I never could figure that one out. If he was getting sleepy as he nursed and I took him off the breast, he'd start to cry frantically.
Four babies later, I'd learned a few tricks - and that what works beautifully with one baby may not work at all with another. With that in mind, here are some tips from parents who've been there and have the dark circles under their eyes to prove it:
Let your baby's sense of touch help. Put a receiving blanket into the dryer so it's nice and warm, then use it to wrap your baby in before putting him in the crib. (You can also try warming the crib mattress and sheets, before laying your baby down, with a heating pad set at a moderate temperature, or a hot water bottle, so there's no sudden change in temperature.)
For the early months, many infants like to be wrapped snugly. Some startle themselves awake, flinging their limbs out and crying. Swaddling these babies may help them sleep longer. Just make sure your baby isn't overheated - the back of her neck should not be hot and damp.
If you lay your baby down asleep, try gently patting her tummy (remember that babies should always be put to sleep on their backs). Gradually make your touch lighter and softer until you can remove your hand and baby stays asleep.
Source: TodaysParent.com
1 comment:
NICE POST FOR EVERY BABY
VISIT WEBSITES: https://careyourbaby.com/
Post a Comment